Peach Oat Cookies Recipe
I modified the original recipe to create soft and chewy cookies that are good for you. There's not too much sugar in them but lots of oats and fruit.—Rachel Greenawalt Keller, Roanoke, Virginia
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup each all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1-1/2 cups drained canned sliced peaches in extra-light syrup, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flours, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and oat bran just until combined. Stir in peaches and raisins.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 cookies equals 120 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Peach Oat Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC