I modified the original recipe to create soft and chewy cookies that are good for you. There's not too much sugar in them but lots of oats and fruit.—Rachel Greenawalt Keller, Roanoke, Virginia
Recommended: 20 Favorite Oatmeal Recipes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup each all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1-1/2 cups drained canned sliced peaches in extra-light syrup, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flours, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and oat bran just until combined. Stir in peaches and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Peach Oat Cookies in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p15
Reviews for Peach Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2015
"These are OUTSTANDING! I didn't have peaches so I used diced mangos which were excellent in these cookies. I added a couple shakes of nutmeg but overall these cookies are quite delicious."