- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Peach Muffins
Sort By :
"Called for pecans, but I substituted blueberries because both my guys are allergic to tree nuts and I have a ton of blueberries. I liked the use of the sour cream, though I'm betting they would be great with greek yogurt or peach flavored yogurt. I sprinkled the tops with raw sugar before baking, I like the crunch and sparkle it gives them. This is one of those recipes that as soon as I mix the batter, I know I should have doubled it!"
"A delicious way to use fresh peaches! I added cinnamon to the batter and omitted the pecans. My family loved them!"
"Very good! No complaints from anyone. Easy to make. They made a dozen. A good amount for a treat, but not too many that they didn't get eaten."
"These were yummy right out of the oven. I used 1 1/4 cup canned peaches and walnuts instead of pecans. I added cinnamon to the batter and sprinkled a mixture of cinnamon and sugar to top the muffins. It doesn't make that many so next time I will double the recipe."
"I have made these twice in the last two weeks. They are very good, but I did add the cinnamon sugar as several others had suggested. Neither batch made a full dozen even though the muffins were not that big. Nevertheless, my husband enjoys these and I will continue to make them. Sometimes small is better!"