"When fresh peaches are in season, I often make these pretty peach muffins," reports Mrs. Alton Michelson of Mondovi, Wisconsin. "With their delicate sour cream flavor and crunchy pecans, they disappear in no time."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla;
- mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into creamed mixture
- just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans. Fill greased or
- paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for
- 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes;
- remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.