This smooth, creamy dessert is a light and refreshing finish for a special meal. Our children and grandchildren think it's yummy! A garnish of peach slices or other fresh fruit really dresses up the individual servings.
-Launa Shoemaker, Landrum, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 1 cup whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional peach slices, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a blender, combine
- peaches, honey and extract; cover and process until smooth. Stir
- into gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about
- 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat peach mixture on high speed for about 5 minutes
- or until doubled in volume. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into
- dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with
- mint and additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with sugar-free orange gelatin and reduced-fat whipped topping and without garnish) equals 46 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.