It’s simple to prepare a memorable dessert for just you and someone else. Straight from our Test Kitchen, this yummy classic features fresh peaches and a super delicious raspberry sauce for drizzling.
Idea: An easy way to peel peaches is to lower them into boiling water and cook them for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool slightly and remove skin with a knife.
Poaching peaches in
2 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium peach, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir in lemon
- juice and vanilla. Reduce heat to low. Place peach halves cut side
- up in pan; cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from the
- heat. Cool peaches in syrup for 30 minutes.
- Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and place cut side down in a
- shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until chilled.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat raspberry jam for 20 seconds;
- stir until smooth. Place peach halves cut side up in dessert dishes.
- Top with ice cream; drizzle with jam. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 peach half with 1/4 cup ice cream equals 237 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.