Peach Melba Recipe
It’s simple to prepare a memorable dessert for just you and someone else. Straight from our Test Kitchen, this yummy classic features fresh peaches and a super delicious raspberry sauce for drizzling. Idea: An easy way to peel peaches is to lower them into boiling water and cook them for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool slightly and remove skin with a knife. Poaching peaches in syrup is a great way to soften peaches that are not yet ripe.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium peach, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce heat to low. Place peach halves cut side up in pan; cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Cool peaches in syrup for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and place cut side down in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until chilled.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat raspberry jam for 20 seconds; stir until smooth. Place peach halves cut side up in dessert dishes. Top with ice cream; drizzle with jam. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 237 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peach Melba
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC