Peach Melba Mountain Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and extract until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin. Fold in whipped topping and 3/4 cup almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake.
- Cut cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the cream mixture. Top with 1 cup of peaches and 1 cup of raspberries. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Mountain in Country Woman May/June 2006, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Melba Mountain
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2010
It is very easy - looks very impressive besides tasting wonderful - I have varied the flavours and fruit also - - very good!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Cake >