Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart low-fat peach frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1. Combine the coconut, pecans and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until crust begins to brown around edges. Cool completely.
- 2. Spoon frozen yogurt into crust; smooth the top. Spread ice cream over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar; drain raspberry juice into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add raspberries. Cover and chill.
- 4. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Arrange peaches on top of pie; drizzle with a little of the sauce. Pass the remaining sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 401 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie
"What could I use in place of coconut for the pie crust? I am not a fan of coconut nor does it seem to bring anything to this recipe, at least to me. Thanks"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.