Peach Melba Dessert
I like to put together this no-fuss dessert while the after-dinner coffee is perking.Kathryn Awe, International Falls, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 canned peach halves in syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, warmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
- Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon
- syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake.
- Place peach halves hollow sides up on cakes. Top with ice cream.
- Drizzle with jam and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sugar peach halves and reduced-fat ice cream) equals 237 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.