- 4 individual round sponge cakes or shortcakes
- 4 canned peach halves in syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain the peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake. Place peach halves, hollow side up, on cakes. Put a scoop of ice cream in each peach. Heat jam; drizzle over ice cream. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Dessert in Country Woman May/June 1996, p37
Reviews for Peach Melba Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review