Peach Marmalade Recipe
"This is my take on several different chutney recipes combined." This sweet and spicy marmalade pairs well with just about any meat or poultry. —Joanne Surfus, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 banana pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon canning salt
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), cut in half
- 3 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring the vinegar, brown sugar and sugar to a boil. Add the red pepper, onion, banana pepper, raisins, ginger and salt. Place cloves and cinnamon stick on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add peaches and return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened. Discard spice bag. Carefully ladle hot chutney into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
1/4 cup: 83 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Peach Marmalade
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC