- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 banana pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon canning salt
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), cut in half
- 3 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- In a Dutch oven, bring the vinegar, brown sugar and sugar to a boil. Add the red pepper, onion, banana pepper, raisins, ginger and salt. Place cloves and cinnamon stick on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add peaches and return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened. Discard spice bag. Carefully ladle hot chutney into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Peach Chutney in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p65
Reviews for Peach Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review