Peach-Maple Ice Cream Recipe
Maple and peach? The combination may sound unusual, but in this smooth homemade ice cream, it's absolutely decadent! It's the definition of refreshment.—Arline Hofland, Deer Lodge, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:24 servings
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- 1. Place peaches in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Stir in lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°. Stir in the sugar, syrup and salt until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, vanilla and peach mixture. Transfer to a large bowl; press waxed paper onto surface of ice cream. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- 5. Serve in dessert dishes; drizzle with additional syrup if desired. Yield: 3 quarts.
1/2 cup (calculated without additional syrup) equals 203 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC