This pretty kuchen makes an eye-appealing first impression and a tasty second impression. I usually make this with fresh peaches, but other fruits work well too, such as blueberries and sliced apples.Angela Lott, Neshanic Station, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- egg and lemon peel; beat well. Gradually add flour, beating just
- until mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a 6-inch disk. Wrap in
- plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 10-in. circle.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375°
- for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange peach slices over crust to within 1 inch of edges. Microwave
- preserves for 30 seconds; brush over peaches. Bake 10 minutes longer
- or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Using
- parchment paper, slide kuchen onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 300 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium,