- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk and egg. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Stir in cream, pudding mix, peaches and vanilla into custard. Fill cylinder of an ice cream freezer two-thirds full. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Ice Cream
Sort By :
"This was good, but not great for me anyway."
"Great recipe and easy to make!"
"Awesome!!!! I have made this countless times over the years. This is my go to recipe for ice cream."
"Delicious peach ice cream! I used fat free half and half in place of most of the whipping cream. Also made it with 1/3 cup chocolate syrup in place of the peaches, Very good!"