Peach-Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 salmon fillets (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and preserves. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds. Stir in the lime juice, garlic and mustard until blended. Cool. Set aside 1 cup for basting and serving.
- 2. Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining peach mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Spoon half of reserved peach mixture over salmon. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Serve with sliced peaches and remaining peach mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight equals 360 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.