For a mouthwatering alternative to the usual barbecue sauce for ribs, try this slightly spicy recipe from Sharon Taylor of Columbia, South Carolina at your next picnic. "The peaches add just the right touch of sweetness and a lovely color to this special sauce."Sharon Taylor, Columbia, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 1-1/4 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over
- drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 60 minutes,
- turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Baste ribs.
- Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender and juices run
- clear, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 568 calories, 40 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.