Peach-Glazed Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) peach preserves
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water chestnuts, bread crumbs and bouillon. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until no longer pink; drain. Return all to the skillet.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, chili sauce and soup mix. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Pour over meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peach-Glazed Meatballs(5)
Sort By :
These were really great! I think the water chestnuts made all the difference.
I made this recipe (halved) for Thanksgiving and it was gone in a flash (12 adults). I mixed the glaze and made the meatballs ahead. I added the meatballs to the glaze and let them simmer for about an hour before serving. The meatballs really absorb the glaze flavor which was really good. Very easy to make. The beef bouillon added a nice flavor to the meatballs. Since I used a whole pound of ground beef, I upped the other meatball ingredients a little. The glaze recipe makes a lot - I added the whole envelope of soup mix to half the recipe.
My family loved these meatballs. I baked them instead of pan frying...350 for 12 minutes. They held together nicely and we thought the sauce was great.
Sorry for saying so, but didn't love it. Husband said it was good but the kids did not like the sauce, which was a surprise since it was so sweet. I wasn't really in love with it, either. sorry.
Everyone loved these meatballs. My father-in-law (who usually doesn't eat much) came back for seconds, then thirds!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >