When my daughter and her husband come to visit over the holidays, we enjoy nibbling on these mouthwatering meatballs while playing games. Water chestnuts add a bit of crunch.—Christine Martin, Durham, North Carolina
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) peach preserves
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water chestnuts, bread crumbs and bouillon. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until no longer pink; drain. Return all to the skillet.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, chili sauce and soup mix. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Pour over meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peach-Glazed Meatballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p24
Reviews for Peach-Glazed Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review