Preparing this tasty glaze is a great way to have kids help in the kitchen because it's quick and easy. As much as our kids like to cook, they like taste-testing even better!
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 jar (4 ounces) strained peaches (baby food)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a single layer in a greased or foil-lined 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered,
- for an additional 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 543 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 1,198 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.