Preparing this tasty glaze is a great way to have kids help in the kitchen because it's quick and easy. As much as our kids like to cook, they like taste-testing even better!
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 jar (4 ounces) strained peaches (baby food)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a single layer in a greased or foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Glazed Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peach-Glazed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2012
"This was so much better than I could have imagined. My husband, whom I call Mr. Picky really liked it too"