Peach-Glazed Cake Recipe
"After tasting this cake, guests always ask for a second slice...and the recipe," writes Samantha Jones from her kitchen in Morgantown, West Virginia. "Everyone is surprised when they learn this dessert is so easy to make. I often garnish servings with pear slices instead of peaches."
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 jar (12 ounces) peach preserves, divided
- 1 cup sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- Place pears in a blender, cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cake mix and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 1/2 cup of peach preserves, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Slowly brush over warm cake. Cool completely.
- Slice cake; top with peaches. Melt remaining preserves; drizzle over top. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Glazed Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p8
Reviews for Peach-Glazed Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cake Topping Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >