Peach-Glazed Beef Filets Recipe
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over steaks. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until glaze is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 3-1/2 teaspoons glaze equals 350 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.