Peach-Glazed Beef Filets Recipe
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over steaks. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until glaze is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Peach-Glazed Beef Filets
Sort By :
First time I saw this I had to do a 'Say What?' Turned out to be darned good. Just go light on the Glaze. "Less Ismore" sort of thng.
The peach glaze a nice flavor to the beef. This was definitely very simple to make, I used it over grilled porterhouse.
This was a very simple, yet tasty glaze for steaks. My husband said it's definitely a "keeper", although I wouldn't spend more than $15 paying for it at a restaurant. Good enough to make again, but not a "wower" for me.