Peach Glaze for Ham Recipe
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup (save peaches for another use). Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cloves and reserved syrup.
- 3. Brush ham with 1/2 cup brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining brown sugar mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 510 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1855mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (33g sugars, trace fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Peach Glaze for Ham
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer