Peach Glaze for Ham
Five ingredients easily become a fruity, spiced glaze for ham. My family enjoys the entree so much, I serve it at both Christmas and Easter. —Christine Eiberts, Tulsa, Oklahoma
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup (save peaches for another use). Place
- ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the
- ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each
- diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cloves
- and reserved syrup.
- Brush ham with 1/2 cup brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, 25-35
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand
- for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining brown sugar
- mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked ham equals 510 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,855 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin