Peach Gelato Recipe
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon peach schnapps liqueur, optional
- 1. Place peaches and water in a large skillet; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until tender. Place in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- 3. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, peaches and liqueur if desired. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining gelato mixture. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 260 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Peach Gelato
"I made this Gelato for two of my siblings birthdays (they were born on the same day but are not twins). They both loved it and so did our parents. The next day we gave some to visitors who loved it as well.I omitted the liquor so the taste was mild. Hopefully next time I can add it."