Peach Gelatin Dessert
"When peaches are in season, we enjoy their sweet flavor in this low-calorie dessert," relates Elizabeth Hunter, field editor from Prosperity, South Carolina.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine the pineapple, water, gelatin powder and
- 2 tablespoons sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat just until
- mixture comes to a boil. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 45
- minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, buttermilk and remaining sugar;
- fold in whipped topping. Fold in gelatin mixture. Pour into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.