Peach Gelatin Dessert Recipe
"When peaches are in season, we enjoy their sweet flavor in this low-calorie dessert," relates Elizabeth Hunter, field editor from Prosperity, South Carolina.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the pineapple, water, gelatin powder and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture comes to a boil. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine peaches, buttermilk and remaining sugar; fold in whipped topping. Fold in gelatin mixture. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 167 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Peach Gelatin Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC