Peach Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1. Place the peaches in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, peach puree and gelatin mixture until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until partially set.
- 4. Cut into pieces and place in a large bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 179 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.