Peach Frozen Yogurt
"When peaches are in season, we order them by the bushel," says Stephanie Nohr of Cornell, Wisconsin. "This quick and creamy frozen treat has wonderful fresh fruit flavor. It's a big hit with everyone in my family."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- Place the peaches in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Set
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin
- and sugar are dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, peach puree and gelatin mixture
- until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Cover and
- freeze for 3-4 hours or until partially set.
- Cut into pieces and place in a large bowl; beat on medium speed until
- smooth. Transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze until
- firm, about 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 179 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit,