Peach French Toast Recipe
Let the aroma of baked peaches, brown sugar and cinnamon wake up your clan when you prepare this homespun dish from Geraldine Case of Anderson, Indiana. Drizzle the golden syrup that bakes at the bottom of this casserole over the tender slices of French toast.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with peaches. Arrange bread over peaches.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; slowly pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center of French toast comes out clean. Serve with a spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC