Peach French Toast
Let the aroma of baked peaches, brown sugar and cinnamon wake up your clan when you prepare this homespun dish from Geraldine Case of Anderson, Indiana. Drizzle the golden syrup that bakes at the bottom of this casserole over the tender slices of French toast.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and water to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with peaches. Arrange
- bread over peaches.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; slowly pour over
- bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center of
- French toast comes out clean. Serve with a spoon. Yield: 6-8