Peach French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with peaches. Arrange bread over peaches.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; slowly pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center of French toast comes out clean. Serve with a spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach French Toast
"I love this recipe and make it all the time. I add chopped pecans and a little bourbon to the sauce. Serve it with ham slices for a delicious brunch!"
"It was my first time making this dish and I will definitely try it again!"
"This is my family's favorite Christmas morning dish."
"I tried it on Easter and it was a hit! Wonderful to make it up the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Definitely a keeper!"
"This recipe always brings rave reviews! Whenever the family gets together for brunch Peach French Toast brings smiles to all faces."
"Made this a brunch was a major hit. I've double the recipe. I also use a 15oz can of peaches in the single recipe my family loves peaches."
"Very easy and tasty. Made this for the girls at work for breakfast one day and they loved it! I ate leftovers for a couple days and it was still good too."
"This is excellent- my whole family looks forward to this dish.......I make it often!!"
"THIS RECIPE WAS EXCELLENT TASTEING AND EASY TO MAKE"
"this is really good!!!!!!!!"
"I had some leftover potato hamburger rolls and used that instead of french bread. My family liked this recipe."
"I served this with some fresh whipped cream and it was excellent."
"I have made this recipe several times and every time I make it our guests want the recipe. I am not fond of canned peaches, but in this recipe, I love them. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who wants to make something just a little different for breakfast/brunch."