Peach French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with peaches. Arrange bread over peaches.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; slowly pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center of French toast comes out clean. Serve with a spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach French Toast(3)
Sort By :
This is my family's favorite Christmas morning dish.
I tried it on Easter and it was a hit! Wonderful to make it up the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Definitely a keeper!
This recipe always brings rave reviews! Whenever the family gets together for brunch Peach French Toast brings smiles to all faces.