Peach Flip Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, salt, eggs and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 24-in. x 13-in. rectangle; spread 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup peach preserves to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle over preserves.
- 4. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, on two greased baking sheets; curve each roll to form a crescent. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slash a third of the way through the center of each to within 2 in. of each end. Spoon 1/4 cup preserves into each roll.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (20 slices each).
1 slice: 158 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peach Flip
"I have been making this coffee cake for over 35 years. I also replace the peach preserves with cherry pie filling (its what my family prefers) and I use my bread maker to make the dough."