Peach Flip Recipe
I've used this recipe for years, especially as Christmas gifts for friends and neighbors. Everyone loves it.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, salt, eggs and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 24-in. x 13-in. rectangle; spread 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup peach preserves to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle over preserves.
- 4. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, on two greased baking sheets; curve each roll to form a crescent. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slash a third of the way through the center of each to within 2 in. of each end. Spoon 1/4 cup preserves into each roll.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (20 slices each).
1 slice: 158 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peach Flip
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC