Peach-Filled Pastries Recipe
When your family has a taste for pie but time is ticking away, make this fast and fruity dessert. For a tasty twist, use cherry pie filling instead.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach or cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry and roll to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut along fold lines into three pieces. Cut each piece in half widthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Beat egg white and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Split each pastry in half horizontally. Combine pie filling and extract; spoon over bottom halves of pastries. Top with whipped topping and pastry tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC