Peach-Filled Muffins Recipe
I altered an existing recipe to suit my family's taste and added the almond topping for a bit of crunch. For a change of taste with equally great results, use cherry preserves.—Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Drop 2 teaspoons preserves into center of each muffin; cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 290 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Peach-Filled Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC