- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened instant tea
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Dissolve tea in water. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with tea, mixing well after each addition. Stir in peel.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, cut cake horizontally into two layers. Spoon peaches over bottom layer; replace top layer. Cut into individual servings; top with whipped cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Filled Gingerbread in Country October/November 2004, p49
Reviews for Peach-Filled Gingerbread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review