Peach Dream Cobbler
This light and luscious cobbler is wonderful warm from the oven or served cold. With such great flavor, no one will guess it's good for you!—Sue Eberly, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches and 1/4 cup sugar; let stand for
- 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute
- or until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg substitute, butter and remaining sugar
- until fluffy. Stir in milk. Combine flour, baking powder and salt;
- add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top
- with peach mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 124 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.