- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Crumble Dessert
Sort By :
This was DELICIOUS!! I skipped the lemon peel, and also added a teaspoon of good vanilla to the topping mixture. I used about 1/2 cup sugar in the topping, it doesn't need a full cup. Other than that, I made it as directed. This will become a staple in my house for sure! Melt the butter before you start the recipe, although I don't know why it needed to cool ahead of time as the recipe said to do. Btw, to peel the skin: I blanched the peaches in a pot of boiling water for 30-40 seconds (they were large sized peaches) and then plunged into cold water afterward. The skin came off smoothly at that point.
Made this for my "Girls Night Out" group and everyone loved it.
I left out the lemon peel and mixed the initial mixture with the peaches, and it was fabulous! The whole family loved it.
I made this last night with the fresh peaches I picked up from the farmers market Saturday. My husband took it to work with him and it was gone by lunch. My husband really liked this recipe. I look forward to making this again soon. I did add a 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the topping. Otherwise left it as it was stated. Thanks!!
Delicious! I served it with frozen peach yogurt.