- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Crumble Dessert
Sort By :
Made this for my "Girls Night Out" group and everyone loved it.
I left out the lemon peel and mixed the initial mixture with the peaches, and it was fabulous! The whole family loved it.
I made this last night with the fresh peaches I picked up from the farmers market Saturday. My husband took it to work with him and it was gone by lunch. My husband really liked this recipe. I look forward to making this again soon. I did add a 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the topping. Otherwise left it as it was stated. Thanks!!
Delicious! I served it with frozen peach yogurt.
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes and have made several times!
I stir the sugar mixture with the peaches instead of just sprinkling over top, seems to come out better. Doesn't need lemon zest but sure if would be good if I had it. Added vanilla to the topping. SO good with vanilla ice cream!