- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Crumble Dessert
"This peach crumble is great! My family asks me to make it all the time. Sometimes I resent and ask why? (that's just because I'm lazy and not much of a cook). And they say "Because it's so good!" It's the best with fresh peaches. I've made it with canned and it's good, but not the same. If you've got a sweet tooth like me, try doubling the recipe for the brown sugar part (excluding peaches). A great dessert and a family favorite of ours!"
"My neighbor brought over 5 large ripe peaches from a farm stand so I made this last night. It was delicious. I only used 1/2 the amount of granulated sugar and butter suggested and it came out perfect. I split the recipe between 2 loaf pans and baked for 42 minutes until top was brown. The topping was nice and crunchy. I had a piece cold for breakfast and it was great."
"Sorry, not sure what went wrong, but this was pretty much inedible."
"Just a warning! I used overly ripe peaches! It was not cobbler.. It was more of an ice cream topper! :p Im sure it will still taste good though! (Very runny)"
"I followed the suggestion of one of the reviewers and decreased the granulated sugar to 1/2 cup and didn't change any of the rests of the recipe. It was delicious! It was plenty sweet and didn't need the extra sugar. This recipe is definitely a keeper! I'll make it again!"