Peach Crumble Dessert Recipe
Old-fashioned, delicious and easy to make describes this yummy dessert. It's wonderful served with ice cream. —Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- 3. Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC