- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Crumble Dessert
Sort By :
"My neighbor brought over 5 large ripe peaches from a farm stand so I made this last night. It was delicious. I only used 1/2 the amount of granulated sugar and butter suggested and it came out perfect. I split the recipe between 2 loaf pans and baked for 42 minutes until top was brown. The topping was nice and crunchy. I had a piece cold for breakfast and it was great."
"Sorry, not sure what went wrong, but this was pretty much inedible."
"Just a warning! I used overly ripe peaches! It was not cobbler.. It was more of an ice cream topper! :p Im sure it will still taste good though! (Very runny)"
"I followed the suggestion of one of the reviewers and decreased the granulated sugar to 1/2 cup and didn't change any of the rests of the recipe. It was delicious! It was plenty sweet and didn't need the extra sugar. This recipe is definitely a keeper! I'll make it again!"
"I agree with jesskat3. There is plenty of crumble and crunch in the toppings to accompany the peaches. This is an easy dessert to make, and tastes amazing. Its definitely one to keep in the recipe box. I also left the lemon peel out since I had no lemons on hand. This dessert tasted amazing with fresh whipping cream."