Peach Crepes Recipe
My mother-in-law passed this recipe on to me. The special ingredient, almond extract, gives it a distinctive, delicious flavor.
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4-1/2 cups), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, flour, sugar, butter and vanilla. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 2 cups peaches and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract and remaining peaches. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. Spoon filling over crepes; roll up. Top with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
2 filled crepes (calculated without whipped cream) equals 294 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Crepes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC