- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 cups unsweetened sliced peaches (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a 9-in. pie plate.
- For filling, place peaches in a large bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and toss gently to coat. In another small bowl, combine the flour, egg, vanilla, salt and remaining sugar; fold in sour cream. Stir into peaches.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over top of pie. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Cream Pie
"This recipe was kind of a cross between a crumb pie and a cream pie. It was a little sweet for me, but my guests enjoyed it. I thought the topping overpowered the wonderful flavor of fresh peaches. I also didn't care for the oven temperature changes. Still, it's a solid recipe which a lot of people will love."
"We all loved this pie...make sure you give it plenty of time to cool and refrigerate so it sets up otherwise it will be runny."
"I tried this recipe using good canned peaches and it was really good. I'm sure it's even better with fresh peaches. I'll be baking it again."
"The absolute best pie I have ever tasted...and my hubby agrees!"