Peach-Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Harvest colors and flavors give this refreshing salad a delightful twist that's just right for Thanksgiving or any special meal. I use lime gelatin instead of peach for green and red salad at Christmastime.
—Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
14-18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 large oranges, peeled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Place peach gelatin in a large bowl. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil;
- pour over gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Add orange juice and mix
- well. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in peaches. Pour into a 3-qt. serving bowl. Chill until firm.
- Place cranberry gelatin in another bowl. Bring remaining water to a
- boil; pour over gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Add cranberry juice
- and mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the oranges, cranberries and sugar;
- process until the fruit is coarsely chopped. Add to the cranberry
- gelatin. Carefully spoon over gelatin. Chill until set. Yield: 14-18