Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour butter into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a saucepan, bring the peaches and juice just to a boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt; mix well. Pour over butter in baking dish. Spoon hot peaches over batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Cobbler(33)
Sort By :
It is good but the cake part is to fluffy. Makes it more cake than cobbler
I use fresh peaches instead of canned and it turns out so yummy!
Very good cakey cobbler. Made according to recipe but thought it was a bit too sweet so next time will cut back on sugar. Also think this would be better if you doubled the amount of peaches called for in recipe otherwise it's basically mostly cake.
This was a big hit at my work potluck lunch.
This recipe uses way TOO MUCH butter. I used half the amount in the recipe, and it was fine. Used frozen peaches and only the liquid that came from the fruit when I cooked it. Batter is rather chewy, but this was a good dessert for little ingredients and work. Would make again with more modification.