Peach Cobbler Pie Recipe
Peach pie is typical of our state, and this recipe includes typically Southern praline topping. It was given to me when I married and set up our home more than 40 years ago. I can and freeze peaches to make this pie year-round.
- 4 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle one-third of crumbs in pie shell; top with peach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs, allowing peaches to show if desired.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 20 minutes longer or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 273 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Peach Cobbler Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC