Peach Cobbler Pie
Peach pie is typical of our state, and this recipe includes typically Southern praline topping. It was given to me when I married and set up our home more than 40 years ago. I can and freeze peaches to make this pie year-round.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice; let
- stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl; cut
- in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle one-third of crumbs in pie shell;
- top with peach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs, allowing
- peaches to show if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 20
- minutes longer or until peaches are tender and topping is golden
- brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.