- 4 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle one-third of crumbs in pie shell; top with peach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs, allowing peaches to show if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 20 minutes longer or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Peach Praline Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p80
Reviews for Peach Cobbler Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review