Peach Cobbler for Two Recipe
EVERYONE notices a special taste in this cobbler. It's orange peel, which enhances the color and gives this traditional dessert a delicious distinction. Cobblers usually serve a large group, so it's convenient to have a recipe that makes just enough for two. -Betty Clark, Mt. Vernon, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in butter and lemon juice.
- 2. For topping, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk, butter and orange peel. Transfer hot peach mixture to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. spoon topping over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 402 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC