Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine pie filling and peaches; spread over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over filling.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
Sort By :
I do believe this is the best coffee cake I've ever made or eaten! It is my husband's favorite as well. I love how substantial it is and that it can be varied with different fruits. I've made it into an apple cobbler coffee cake by substituting apple pie filling for the peach filling and adding thinly sliced apples. It has a few steps and takes a few bowls, but really not any trouble to put together and very much worth the effort. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
This recipe is scrumptious. I used my own homemade peach pie filling (from our tree) and eliminated the can on sliced peaches because my own filling is so chunky. At first bite, my husband exclaimed "THATS IT"!!! I will be making this for many years to come.
have not made it yet, can you use frozen sliced peaches in place of canned? Eileen
Made this late last night for a 9 a.m. church meeting. I was very disappointed. I found it to be dry, and almost tasteless-- and the topping is too much - makes it drier. I tried to send some home with the ladies, and nobody wanted any -- I guess that tells it. Mine also didn't look much like the picture - and I followed the recipe to a "T".
I have made this recipe several times and it is very good. I have used vanilla yogurt in place of the sour cream and even used blueberry pie filling and fresh blueberries in place of peach pie filling and peaches. It's just as good!
More Recipe Collections
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >