“Absolutely delicious,” is how our Taste Testers described this comforting coffee cake that features peaches and a delectable frosting. Serve it warm for an extra-special treat. —Virginia M Krites, Cridersville, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine pie filling and peaches; spread over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over filling.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p54
Reviews for Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review