- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced peeled peaches
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and extracts. Stir in peaches. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool or 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Peach Cobbler Bread
Sort By :
We have some glorious peaches, in SC. This year, we are rolling in them. I found this recipe, but tweaked it just a little. For my topping, I used Brown Sugar & 1/2 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (Almond). The results are outstanding! I immediately baked a second loaf & put it in the freezer. This will be going in my recipe box. It's a keeper!!!
Sounds yummy! Does this have a nice strong peach flavor?
Great recipe. I have made this bread three times in two weeks. I used less sugar and made into 3 mini loaves or 12 muffins. They all turned out beautifully. Friends and family love it. My new favorite!
Big hit at our house. I cut the sugar in half because my family prefers less sweet breads and I thought that with the sweetness of the peaches, 1 c. of sugar would be too much. We really enjoyed it.
Fantastic! The recipe is right though, don't remove the loaf from the pan for 10-15 minutes!