- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced peeled peaches
- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and extracts. Stir in peaches. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool or 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Peach Cobbler Bread(8)
Sort By :
Big hit at our house. I cut the sugar in half because my family prefers less sweet breads and I thought that with the sweetness of the peaches, 1 c. of sugar would be too much. We really enjoyed it.
Fantastic! The recipe is right though, don't remove the loaf from the pan for 10-15 minutes!
This recipe is wonderful!! It is a great way to use up peaches that are starting to get to ripe. I have been using walnuts instead of pecans, since I had them on hand. My whole family loves it. My daughter wants me to make her some small loaves that she can give one to her "Volleyball Little Sister". We also have an exchange student form Germany. She wants to give them to her "Volleyball Big Sisters" too. She eats a piece every time she comes into the kitchen. She wants to take this recipe home with her when she returns to Germany.
Great!! Plan to make additional loaves to freeze