Golden chunks of sweet peaches are a wonderful part of this tangy chutney. We enjoy this and many other peach delicacies all year-round.—Julie Ann Morgan, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 tablespoons vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add sugars, raisins, molasses, salt, pepper, allspice and 5 tablespoons of vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and remaining vinegar. Serve at room temperature with ham, pork or poultry. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Peach Chutney in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p45
Reviews for Peach Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2012
"We have already made this several times. We love it, we had it with chicken and will try it with other meats. I did make one change I added 1/4 cup minced green pepper and one small hot pepper, minced."