- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 tablespoons vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add sugars, raisins, molasses, salt, pepper, allspice and 5 tablespoons of vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and remaining vinegar. Serve at room temperature with ham, pork or poultry. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Peach Chutney in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p45
Reviews for Peach Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2012
"We have already made this several times. We love it, we had it with Chicken and will try it with other meats. I did make one change I added 1/4 cup minced green pepper and one small hot pepper, minced."